Dixie McCurley Wins 2019 Financial Leader of The Year Award — For Innovative Solutions in Finance
Congratulations to Dixie McCurley for winning the 2019 Innovative Solutions in Finance Award (nominated by Jason Scott Montoya) at the 2019 Financial Leaders of the Year (FLY) awards hosted by the McCracken Alliance and headlined by the Orlando Magic owner, Pat Williams.
About Atlanta’s Financial Leader of the Year (FLY) Awards
The FLY Awards were created to recognize finance teams and finance executives for meritorious financial leadership.
The 2019 FLY (Financial Leader of the Year) awards were hosted at Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business by the McCracken Alliance. Networking and celebrations took place at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre on October 30, 2019.
Welcome and opening remarks were given by Mike McCracken, founder, and chairman of the McCracken Alliance. The keynote speaker, Pat Williams, was introduced by Richard D. Phillips, dean and C.V. Starr professor of risk management and insurance at GSU.
Keynote Speaker, Pat Williams, Co-Founder of the Orlando Magic
Known for co-founding the NBA’s Orlando Magic basketball team, as well as serving as general manager for the Philadelphia 76ers, Chicago Bulls,
Atlanta Hawks and Orlando Magic, Pat Williams is a basketball Hall-of-Famer. He was named in 1996 as one of the 50 most influential people in NBA history.
Pat is a motivational (and funny) speaker and also a cancer survivor. He is also the father of 19 children, and a well-renowned author of over 100 books. In 2012, Pat received the John W. Bunn Lifetime Achievement Award
from the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
FLY Award Honorees
The award winners for the FLY awards included the following individuals and teams:
- Dixie McCurley – Innovative Solutions in Finance Award – Trusted CFO Solutions – Presented by Setili & Associates
- Warner Media – Financial Business Services Team – Complex Financial Integration Award – Presented by PrimeRevenue, Inc.
- Payscape – Finance Team led by Craig Hamilton – Small Business Finance Team of the Year Award – Presented by RSM
- Lakkitha Silva – Church’s Chicken – Financial Planning and Analysis Leadership Award – Presented by Alvarez & Marsal Taxand, LLC
- MailChimp Finance – Team led by Ritz Adriansen – Strategic Finance Team Award – Presented by Georgia State University
- Stephen Davenport – Atlanta Society of Finance and Investment Professionals (ASFIP) – Lifetime Achievement in Finance Award – presented by McCracken Institute, LLC
Watch: Dixie McCurley’s Award Presentation & Her Acceptance Speech
Award presented by Amanda Setili. Her award presentation speech and Dixie’s acceptance speech are transcribed below the video.
“In my book, The Agility Advantage: How to identify and act on opportunities in a fast-changing world, I characterize the importance of an agile mindset, being willing to seek, embrace, and execute change. It’s necessary, really, in order to stay competitive. Right? Because the world is changing so fast. It’s, therefore, no surprise to me that this year we are honoring a financial leader who has proven herself a warrior in embracing change and bringing innovative workable solutions to numerous companies who must change to remain successful.
Dixie McCurley is the Co-Founder and President of Trusted CFO Solutions which advises companies on driving performance through people, processes, and systems optimization. She has a deep passion for making a difference by bringing innovative solutions to process and systems challenges in the organizations that she serves.
From her roots at Earthlink, where she led the integration of disparate accounting systems resulting from numerous acquisitions through the years of her providing advisory services to many companies on how to better manage their accounting and financial operations, Dixie’s focus has always been on maximizing effectiveness and optimizing profits for her clients. The innovative solutions that she has brought to companies over the years have made her an expert in accounting systems conversions, integrations, structure, and optimization. Driving this success is Dixie’s ability to understand her client’s vision through experience and an innate instinct to find the best solution for their future success.
To quote one client who has worked with her for many years, “She’s outstanding in her craft. Her ability to see what you need now and in the future is unmatched in the industry.“
Further evidence of Dixie’s high degree of success is that she is a highly sought after leader and lecturer at numerous conferences and training programs and has served on key industry advisory boards. Please congratulate with me, Dixie McCurley, for receiving the Innovative Solutions Finance Award.” – Amanda Setili
Dixie’s Acceptance Speech
I would like to say that I am very honored to be winning this award and to be honoring tonight, innovative solutions. A big thank you goes out to Jason Montoya for nominating me, and thank you so much to my partners Steve Gross and Lee Baynes for attending tonight with us.
We are very proud of the program we have created over the last nine years from Trusted CFO Solutions. And, we think that we bring innovative solutions to our clients every day. I know a lot of you from all the years in finance and it is an honor to be here with all of you tonight. Thank you so much.” – Dixie McCurley
Presentation of Leadership Finance Certificates of Completion
Presented by Scott Law, Business Development Director, RSM 2019 Chairman of Leadership Finance, the following were given certificates of completion for their outstanding financial training work.
- Presentation of Leadership Finance Certificates of Completion by Scott Law, Business Development Director, RSM 2019 Chairman of Leadership Finance
- Ritz Adriansen – VP, Finance, Mailchimp
- Charles Arnold – Assistant Controller, Church’s Chicken
- Randy Davis – VP, Corporate Controller, and Treasurer, Haverty Furniture Companies, LLC.
- Georgia Dow – Controller, US Auto Sales
- Durran Dunn – Sr. Manager, Internal Audit Graphic Packaging International
- Nathan Feather – CFO PrimeRevenue, Inc.
- Jill Fitzgerald – Senior Manager, RSM
- Matt Hines – Controller, Mailchimp
- Lisa Nordel – Vice President, Stonehill Strategic Capital
FLY Awards Photo Gallery
Get a glimpse of the award ceremony celebration in the following pictures.